Sealed proposals will be received by NC State University. Attention Lynn Swank, until 2:00 PM on March 30, 2017 in conference room 101, Administrative Services III Building 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695 and immediately thereafter publicly opened and read for the furnishing of labor, material and equipment for the construction of:
North Carolina State University
Weisiger-Brown Parking Lot
NC State# 201611013
This project creates a new parking lot on the west side of Weisiger-Brown Athletic Facility including a new storm water device and lighting.
Bids will be received for single prime bid contracts. All Proposals will be lump sum.
The following General Contractors have been pre-qualified to bid this job:
- Allen Grading Company, Inc. (Goldsboro, NC)
- Atlantic Corporate Contracting, LLC (Raleigh, NC)
- Bar Construction Company, Inc. (Greensboro, NC)
- Barnhill Contracting Company (Raleigh, NC)
- Carolina Sunrock, LLC (Butner, NC)
- Fred Smith Company (Raleigh, NC)
- M. Thompson Company (Cary, NC)
- Lanier Construction Company (Snow Hill, NC)
- Mid-Atlantic Infrastructure Systems, Inc. (Winston-Salem, NC)
- Muter Construction, LLC (Zebulon, NC)
- Raleigh Paving (Apex, NC)
- RDU Paving (Raleigh, NC)
- S & S Building and Development, LLC (Greensboro, NC)
- T. Wooten Corporation (Wilson, NC)
Bid documents are available for examination in the plan rooms:
- iSQFT; http://www.isqft.com/start/ handles Associated General Contractors plan room.
- The local North Carolina offices of Dodge Data and Analytics;
- The Eastern Regional Offices of CMD Group in Norcross, GA;
- The offices of the Designer: CLH Design, 400 Regency Forest Drive, Suite 120, Cary, NC 27518
- The North Carolina Institute of Minority Economic Development, Inc. (NCIMED) Plan and Resource Center at 114 W. Parrish St., 6th Floor, Durham, NC; 919-956-8889 or 919-287-3036
- The Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas (HCAC) in Winston-Salem, Charlotte and Raleigh Areas – 877-227-1680;
- The NC State Plan Room 2701 Sullivan Drive, Third Floor, Room 324 Raleigh, NC 27695.
Complete plans and specifications for this project in electronic format can be obtained from CLH Design, 400 Regency Forest Drive, Suite 120, Cary, NC 27518 during normal office hours after March 1, 2017. Email requests for the electronic documents may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Full printed copies may be obtained by those qualified as prime bidders, upon deposit of one hundred dollars ($100) in cash or certified check with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice to email@example.com. The full plan deposit will be returned to those bidders provided all documents are returned in BOUND, good, usable condition within ten (10) days after the bid date.
Documents may be purchased from Document Imaging Systems, Inc.at 231 East Johnson Street, Units E, F, & G, Cary, NC 27513. Phone number for ordering is 919-460-9440.
A Pre-bid meeting will be held for all interested bidders on March 1, 2017 at 2:00 PM in Room 101 of Administrative Services III Building at 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695. The meeting will address project specific questions.
Notice of Public Meeting for Proposed Alternate Bids for Preferred Products.
An open public meeting will be held on March 1, 2017 at 1:30 PM in Room 101 of Administrative Services III Building at 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695. The meeting is to identify preferred brand alternates and their performance standards pertinent to this project.
In accordance with GS133-3, Section 64. (C) and State Construction Office procedures the following preferred brand items are being considered as Alternates by the owner for this project:
Site Lighting Luminaires and Poles: KIM Lighting, Inc.
North Carolina State University
Capital Project Management
Download the complete project description here: Weisiger-Brown Parking Lot