Sealed proposals will be received by NC State University, Attention David Hammock, until 2:00 pm on March 29, 2017 in Conference Room 301, Administrative Services III Building, 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695 and immediately thereafter publicly opened and read for the furnishing of labor, material and equipment for the construction of:
North Carolina State University
Varsity Research Renovations
NC State# 201520015
This project renovates approximately 15,380 gross square feet in the Varsity Research Building to accommodate office and lab requirements for Plant Pathology. The project will convert office space in Modules 6 and 7 into a mix of office and lab space. Portions of the lab space in Modules 2 and 3 will also be renovated.
Bids will be received for single prime bid contracts. All Proposals will be lump sum.
The following General Contractors have been pre-qualified to bid this job:
- ACH Constructors, LLC, Durham, NC
- Bar Construction Company, Inc., Greensboro, NC
- Daniels & Daniels Construction, Goldsboro, NC
- Engineered Construction Company, Raleigh, NC
- Harrod & Associates, Raleigh, NC
- McDonald York Building Company, Raleigh, NC
- Progressive Contracting Company, Inc., Sanford, NC
- Resolute Building Company, Chapel Hill, NC
- Riggs-Harrod Builders, Durham, NC
- Riley Contracting Group, Inc., Cary, NC
- Walbridge, Charlotte, NC
- C. Construction Company, Winston-Salem, NC
Bid documents are available for examination in the plan rooms:
- iSQFT; http://www.isqft.com/start/ handles Associated General Contractors plan room.
- The local North Carolina offices of Dodge Data and Analytics;
- The Eastern Regional Offices of CMD Group in Norcross, GA;
- The North Carolina Institute of Minority Economic Development, Inc. (NCIMED) Plan and Resource Center at 114 W. Parrish St., 6th Floor, Durham, NC; 919-956-8889 or 919-287-3036
- The Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas (HCAC) in Winston-Salem, Charlotte and Raleigh Areas – 877-227-1680
Complete plans and specifications for this project in electronic format can be obtained from Flad Architects, Fayetteville St., Suite 1120, Raleigh, NC 27601 during normal office hours after March 1, 2017. Email requests for the electronic documents may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Partial or full printed copies of the project documents may be purchased from ARC Blueprint Service. Phone number for ordering is 919-388-9900. Documents may also be purchased from Document Imaging Systems, Inc.at 231 East Johnson Street, Units E, F, & G, Cary, NC 27513. Phone number for ordering is 919-460-9440.
A Pre-bid meeting will be held for all interested bidders on March 8, 2017 at 2:00 pm in Room 301 of Administrative Services III Building at 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695. The meeting will address project specific questions.
Notice of Public Meeting for Proposed Alternate Bids for Preferred Products.
An open public meeting will be held on March 8, 2017 at 1:30 pm in Room 301 of Administrative Services III Building at 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695. The meeting is to identify preferred brand alternates and their performance standards pertinent to this project.
In accordance with GS133-3, Section 64. (C) and State Construction Office procedures the following preferred brand items are being considered as Alternates by the owner for this project:
Controls, door access system (reader controllers, card readers, electronic door strikes, access cards), fire alarm controls, fire alarm dialers, door hardware (locksets and cylinders, closers, panic hardware and strikes, locks and cores), telecommunications components, laboratory exhaust fans, exhaust valves, generators
David Hammock, PE
North Carolina State University
Capital Project Management
Download Complete Project Description Here: Varsity Research Renovations