Sealed proposals will be received by NC State University. Attention Damian Lallathin, until 2:00 PM on July 27, 2017 in conference room 301, Administrative Services III Building 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695 and immediately thereafter publicly opened and read for the furnishing of labor, material and equipment for the construction of:
North Carolina State University
North & Central Electrical Distribution Phase 1
NC State# 201320007
Scope will replace existing substation secondary overhead bus and outdoor circuit breakers with power distribution center switchgear house and underground ductbank. Additionally scope will install ductbanks for future electrical distribution into the Central Campus Precinct.
Bids will be received for single prime bid contracts. All Proposals will be lump sum.
The following General Contractors have been pre-qualified to bid this job:
- Aubrey Silvey Enterprises, Inc. ..………………………..Bremen, GA
- East Coast Construction Services, LLC. ……………….High Point, NC
- PowerSecure, Inc. ……………………………………….Wake Forest, NC
- The Ryan Company Inc. ………………………………………..Greenwood Village, CO
Bid documents are available for examination in the plan rooms:
- iSQFT; http://www.isqft.com/start/ handles Associated General Contractors plan room.
- The local North Carolina offices of Dodge Data and Analytics;
- The Eastern Regional Offices of CMD Group in Norcross, GA;
- The offices of the Designer: Burns & McDonnell, 100 Energy Way Ste 1900, Fort Worth, TX, 76102.
- The North Carolina Institute of Minority Economic Development, Inc. (NCIMED) Plan and Resource Center at 114 W. Parrish St., 6th Floor, Durham, NC; 919-956-8889 or 919-287-3036
- The Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas (HCAC) in Winston-Salem, Charlotte and Raleigh Areas – 877-227-1680;
Complete plans and specifications for this project in electronic format can be obtained from Burns & McDonnell during normal office hours after June 28, 2017. Email requests for the electronic documents may be sent to John Hardin, PE at email@example.com. Full printed copies may be obtained by those qualified as prime bidders, upon deposit of Two Hundred Dollars ($200) in cash or certified check with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice to firstname.lastname@example.org. The full plan deposit will be returned to those bidders provided all documents are returned in BOUND, good, usable condition within ten (10) days after the bid date.
Partial or full printed copies of the project documents may be purchased from Accent Imaging, 8121 Brownleigh Drive, Raleigh, NC 27617. Phone number for ordering is 919-782-3332. Documents may also be purchased from Document Imaging Systems, Inc.at 231 East Johnson Street, Units E, F, &G, Cary, NC 27513. Phone number for ordering is 919-460-9440.
The bidder must include completed minority business subcontractor documentation form(s) with their proposal or the bid may be considered non-responsive and invalid.
A Pre-bid meeting will be held for all interested bidders on July 12, 2017 at 1:00 PM in Room 301 of Administrative Services III Building at 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695. The meeting will address project specific questions.
Notice of Public Meeting for Proposed Alternate Bids for Preferred Products.
An open public meeting will be held on July 12, 2017 at 2:30 PM in Room 301 of Administrative Services III Building at 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695. The meeting is to identify preferred brand alternates and their performance standards pertinent to this project.
In accordance with GS133-3, Section 64. (C) and State Construction Office procedures the following preferred brand items are being considered as Alternates by the owner for this project:
- Protective Relays, Controllers, and Ethernet Switch: Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories
- Digital Feeder Meters (DFM), Model: Nexus 1272
- Medium VoltageTerminations: 3M
A copy of pertinent sections of the performance standards may be obtained by contacting the designer at the address or phone number noted above.
North Carolina State University
Capital Project Management
Download Complete Project Description Here:North & Central Electrical Distribution Ph1