Sealed proposals will be received by NC State University. Attention Bill Davis, until 3:00pm on Tuesday, September 5, 2017 in conference room 301, Administrative Services III Building 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695 and immediately thereafter publicly opened and read for the furnishing of labor, material and equipment for the construction of:
North Carolina State University
Patterson Hall Business Center Renovation
NC State# 201420015
The project is for the alteration and renovation to the Ground Floor of Patterson Hall on NC State’s North Campus Precinct. The Scope of Work includes limited demolition, and general construction, plumbing, HVAC, and electrical, as well as underground utility piping for chilled water.
Bids will be received for single prime bid contracts. All Proposals will be lump sum.
The following General Contractors have been pre-qualified to bid this job:
- ACH Constructors, Durham NC
- Bar Construction, Greensboro NC
- Barnhill Contracting Co., Raleigh NC
- Bordeaux Construction, Durham NC
- Daniels & Daniels Construction, Goldsboro, NC
- Harrod & Associates, Raleigh NC
- M. Kern, Greensboro NC
- Holt Brothers, Raleigh NC
- M. Thompson, Raleigh, NC
- LeChase Construction, Durham NC
- Monteith Construction, Wilmington, NC
- Muter Construction, Zebulon NC
- Primus Contracting, Newport NC
- Pro Construction, Jacksonville NC
- Progressive Contracting, Sanford NC
- Resolute, Chapel Hill NC
- Riley Contracting, Cary NC
- Samet Corporation, Raleigh NC
- Team Construction, Jacksonville NC
Bid documents are available for examination in the plan rooms:
- iSQFT; http://www.isqft.com/start/ handles Associated General Contractors plan room.
- The local North Carolina offices of Dodge Data and Analytics;
- The Eastern Regional Offices of CMD Group in Norcross, GA;
- The offices of the Designer: IBI Group, 801 Corporate Center Drive, Suite 202, Raleigh, NC 27607;
- The North Carolina Institute of Minority Economic Development, Inc. (NCIMED) Plan and Resource Center at 114 W. Parrish St., 6th Floor, Durham, NC; 919-956-8889 or 919-287-3036
- The Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas (HCAC) in Winston-Salem, Charlotte and Raleigh Areas – 877-227-1680;
- The NC State Plan Room 2701 Sullivan Drive, Third Floor, Room 324 Raleigh, NC 27695.
Complete plans and specifications for this project can be obtained in electronic format from Wanda Stephenson, IBI Group, 801 Corporate Center Drive, Suite 202, Raleigh, NC 27607 during normal office hours after August 7, 2017. Email requests for the electronic documents may be sent to Wanda Stephenson, wanda.stephenson@IBIGroup.com.
Complete printed copies may be obtained by those qualified as prime bidders, upon deposit of two hundred dollars, ($200) in cash or certified check with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice to wanda.stephenson@IBIGroup.com. The full plan deposit will be returned to those bidders provided all documents are returned in BOUND, good, usable condition within ten (10) days after the bid date.
Complete or partial printed copies of the project documents can be directly purchased from Document Imaging Systems, Inc.at 231 East Johnson Street, Units E, F, &G, Cary, NC 27513. Phone number for ordering is 919-460-9440. Complete or partial sets shall be purchased at contractor’s expense, and will not be refunded.
A Mandatory Pre-bid meeting and site visit will be held for all interested bidders on
August 18, 2017, 10:30am in room 301 of Administrative Services III, 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695. ATTENDANCE AT THE PRE-BID MEETING IS MANDATORY. The meeting will address project specific questions and provide an opportunity for bidders to assess the project’s existing conditions.
Notice of Public Meeting for Proposed Alternate Bids for Preferred Products.
An open public meeting will be held at 11:30am on August 18, 2017 in Room 301 of Administrative Services III Building at 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695. The meeting is to identify preferred brand alternates and their performance standards pertinent to this project.
In accordance with GS133-3, Section 64 (C) and State Construction Office procedures the following preferred brand items are being considered as Alternates by the owner for this project:
HVAC controls, fire alarm controls, door hardware (locksets and cylinders, closers, panic hardware and strikes, locks and cores), chillers, pressure reducing valves, meters, floor coatings, and toilet and bath accessories.
A copy of pertinent sections of the performance standards may be obtained by contacting the designer at the address or phone number noted above.
Bill Davis, RA, LEED AP
North Carolina State University
Capital Project Management
Download Complete Project Description Here: Patterson Hall Business Center