North Carolina State University is seeking qualification statements from general contractors for improvements to the Steam Tunnel Structure Repairs project, located on North Main Campus. NC State University has a series of 11 interconnected underground tunnels totaling approximately 1 mile in length that house steam and high pressure condensate piping that provide heat and process loads for campus office, laboratory, and classroom buildings. The tunnels are made of concrete and are in need of various repairs. This project will make repairs for the following conditions:
1. Spalls and delaminations without corroded rebar;
2. Spalls and delaminations with corroded rebar;
3. Spot treatment of rebar with zero inch cover;
4. Epoxy crack sealing by pressure injection;
5. Reinforcing of walls and ceilings that are showing deterioration and local failure; and,
6. Excavation of approximately 110 LF of tunnel to construct a new concrete tunnel that will surround the existing tunnel.
To be considered, the contractor must obtain an application package from the NC State University Project Manager and submit a sealed, fully completed qualification document by 5:00 PM, January 26, 2018, to Steven R. Bostian, Project Manager, at Administrative Services Building III, 2701 Sullivan Dr., Suite 331, NCSU, Campus Box 7520, Raleigh, NC 27695-7520. Application packages will be available electronically after January 4, 2018. Please contact the project manager via email (preferred) or phone to request a package. One (1) hard copies of completed qualification packages must be submitted to the project manager. Completed qualification packages will not be accepted electronically.
Steven R. Bostian, P.E.
North Carolina State University
Capital Project Management
Download complete project description here: Steam Tunnel Structure Repairs