Sealed proposals will be received by NC State University. Attention Steven R. Bostian, PE, until 3:00 PM on March 1, 2018, in Conference Room 301, Administrative Services III Building 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695 and immediately thereafter publicly opened and read for the furnishing of labor, material, and equipment for the construction Reedy Creek Equine Farm of:
North Carolina State University
Reedy Creek Equine Farm
NC State# 201620009
The project scope consists of the following tasks:
- Provide site improvements and utilities for the accommodation of the horses and personnel as shown and described in the General Documents:
- Construct one open Recipient Mare barn and one enclosed Therio barn; the latter containing laboratories, offices, and associated support facilities:
- Structures are wood with CMU, wood, cement board, and corrugated galvanized siding, corrugated metal roofing, as well as standard office and special barn interior finishes; and,
- The work includes laboratory casework, limited HVAC, plumbing, electrical, fire alarm and fire sprinkler system limited to the Therio barn.
Bids will be received for single prime bid contracts. All Proposals will be a lump sum.
The following General Contractors have been pre-qualified to bid this job:
- ACH Constructors, Inc – Durham, NC
- Atlantic Corporate Contracting – Raleigh, NC
- CT Wilson – Durham, NC
- Engineered Construction Company – Raleigh, NC
- JM Thompson Company – Raleigh, NC
- Kearey Builders – Mooresville, NC
- Pro Construction, Inc. – Raleigh, NC
- Resolute Building Company – Raleigh, NC
- Riggs-Harrod Builders, Inc. – Durham, NC
- Riley Contracting Group – Cary, NC
- Samet Corporation – Greensboro, NC
- Simcon Company, LLC – Mt. Airy, NC
Bid documents are available for examination in the plan rooms:
- iSQFT; http://www.isqft.com/start/ handles Associated General Contractors plan room.
- The local North Carolina offices of Dodge Data and Analytics;
- The Eastern Regional Offices of CMD Group in Norcross, GA;
- The offices of the Designer: Szostak Design, Inc. 310 ½ Franklin Street Chapel Hill, NC 27516
- The North Carolina Institute of Minority Economic Development, Inc. (NCIMED) Plan and Resource Center at 114 W. Parrish St., 6th Floor, Durham, NC; 919-956-8889 or 919-287-3036
- The Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas (HCAC) in Winston-Salem, Charlotte, and Raleigh Areas – 877-227-1680;
Complete plans and specifications for this project in electronic format can be obtained from Szostak Design, Inc. Chapel Hill, NC during normal office hours after February 1, 2018. Email requests for the electronic documents may be sent to Phil Nelson at Pnelson@szostakdesign.com
Full printed copies may be obtained by those qualified as prime bidders, upon deposit of One hundred and fifty dollars ($150.00) in cash or certified check with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice to Phil Nelson at Pnelson@szostakdesign.com. The full plan deposit will be returned to those bidders provided all documents are returned in BOUND, good, usable condition within ten (10) days after the bid date.
Partial or full printed copies of the project documents may be purchased from ARC Document Solutions 951 Aviation Parkway Suite 700 Morrisville, NC 27560. The phone number for ordering is 919-388-9900. Documents may also be purchased from Document Imaging Systems, Inc.at 231 East Johnson Street, Units E, F, &G, Cary, NC 27513. The phone number for ordering is 919-460-9440.
A Pre-bid meeting will be held for all interested bidders on February 13, 2018, at 3:00 PM in Conference Room 301 of Administrative Services III Building at 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695. The meeting will address project specific questions.
The State reserves the unqualified right to reject any and all proposals.
North Carolina State University has an affirmative policy of fostering, promoting and conducting business with minority-owned enterprises. Minority contractors are encouraged to participate in the bidding process.
The bidder must include completed minority business subcontractor documentation form(s) with their proposal or the bid may be considered non-responsive and invalid.
Steven R. Bostian
North Carolina State University
Capital Project Management
Download Complete Project Description Here: Readvertisement for Bids Long Version 2018 01 26