Sealed proposals will be received by NC State University. Attention Angkana Bode, until 3:00 pm on March 28, 2018 in conference room 303, Administrative Services III Building 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695 and immediately thereafter publicly opened and read for the furnishing of labor, material and equipment for the construction of:
North Carolina State University
Case Academic Dining Renovations
NC State# 201511114
The project is for the alteration and renovation to the Ground Floor of Case Academic Dining on NC State’s Central Campus Precinct. The Scope of Work includes limited demolition, and general construction, plumbing, HVAC, and electrical, as well as improvements to outdoor seating, exterior brick walkway and landscape at building front.
Bids will be received for single prime bid contracts. All Proposals will be lump sum.
The following General Contractors have been pre-qualified to bid this job:
- CT Wilson, Durham NC
- Danis Construction, Raleigh NC
- Davidson & Jones Construction, Raleigh NC
- Focus Design Builders, Wake Forest NC
- MLB Construction, Apex NC
- Muter Construction, Zebulon NC
- Riley Construction, Cary NC
- Resolute, Chapel Hill NC
- Shiel Sexton, Charlotte NC
Bid documents are available for examination in the plan rooms:
- iSQFT; http://www.isqft.com/start/ handles Associated General Contractors plan room.
- The local North Carolina offices of Dodge Data and Analytics;
- The Eastern Regional Offices of CMD Group in Norcross, GA;
- The offices of the Designer: RND Architects, PA, 3608 University Drive, Suite 204, Durham, NC 27707;
- The North Carolina Institute of Minority Economic Development, Inc. (NCIMED) Plan and Resource Center at 114 W. Parrish St., 6th Floor, Durham, NC; 919-956-8889 or 919-287-3036
- The Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas (HCAC) in Winston-Salem, Charlotte and Raleigh Areas – 877-227-1680;
- The NC State Plan Room, 2701 Sullivan Drive, Third Floor, Room 324, Raleigh, NC 27695.
Complete plans and specifications for this project in electronic format can be obtained from Rhonda Zack, RND Architects, PA, 3608 University Drive, Suite 204, Durham, NC 27707, phone 919/490-1266 during normal office hours after March 5, 2018. Email requests for the electronic documents may be sent to Rhonda Zack, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full printed copies may be obtained by those qualified as prime bidders, upon deposit of two hundred dollars, ($200) in cash or certified check with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice to Rhonda Zack, email@example.com. The full plan deposit will be returned to those bidders provided all documents are returned in BOUND, good, usable condition within ten (10) days after the bid date.
A Mandatory Pre-bid meeting and site visit will be held for all interested bidders on March 14, 2018 at 2:30 pm in Room 220 of Administrative Services III Building at 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695. ATTENDANCE AT THE PRE-BID MEETING IS MANDATORY. The meeting will address project specific questions and provide an opportunity for bidders to assess the project’s existing conditions.
Notice of Public Meeting for Proposed Alternate Bids for Preferred Products.
An open public meeting will be held on March 14, 2018 at 2:00 pm in Room 220 of Administrative Services III Building at 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695. The meeting is to identify preferred brand alternates and their performance standards pertinent to this project.
In accordance with GS133-3, Section 64. (C) and State Construction Office procedures the following preferred brand items are being considered as Alternates by the owner for this project:
HVAC controls, fire alarm controls, door hardware (locksets and cylinders, closers, panic hardware and strikes, locks and cores), floor coatings, and toilet and bath accessories.
Angkana Bode, RA, LEED AP
North Carolina State University
Capital Project Management
Download Complete Project Description Here: Case Academic Dining Reno