Sealed proposals for re-bid will be received by NC State University. Attention David Hammock, until 1:00 pm on April 11, 2018 in Conference Room 301, Administrative Services III Building 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695 and immediately thereafter publicly opened and read for the furnishing of labor, material and equipment for the construction of the Water Line Replacement.
North Carolina State University
Water Line Replacement
NC State# 201620051
This project will replace original cast-iron piping and lateral connections to Syme, Gold, Welch, and Bragaw Residence Halls, as well as Kamphoefner and Brooks Halls with ductile iron-mortar lined piping. The project also includes connecting the water main between University College Commons and Carmichael Gym eliminating two dead end portions. Building lateral connections will be upgraded in these areas. New pipe will be sized according to the water-system master plan requirements.
Bids will be received for single prime bid contracts. All Proposals will be lump sum.
The following General Contractors have been pre-qualified to bid this job:
- Carolina Civil Works, Raleigh, NC
- Mid-Atlantic Infrastructure Systems, Winston-Salem, NC
- Moffat Pipe, Wake Forest, NC
- Pipeline Utilities, Inc. Raleigh, NC
Bid documents are available for examination in the plan rooms:
- iSQFT; http://www.isqft.com/start/ handles Associated General Contractors plan room.
- The local North Carolina offices of Dodge Data and Analytics;
- The Eastern Regional Offices of CMD Group in Norcross, GA;
- The offices of the Designer: Draper Aden Associates – 930 Main Campus Dr., Suite 151, Raleigh, NC 27606, 919-827-0864;
- The North Carolina Institute of Minority Economic Development, Inc. (NCIMED) Plan and Resource Center at 114 W. Parrish St., 6th Floor, Durham, NC; 919-956-8889 or 919-287-3036;
- The Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas (HCAC) in Winston-Salem, Charlotte and Raleigh Areas – 877-227-1680;
Complete plans and specifications for this project in electronic format can be obtained from Draper Aden Associates – 930 Main Campus Dr., Suite 151, Raleigh, NC 27606, 919-827-0864 during normal office hours after April 2, 2018. Email requests for the electronic documents may be sent to email@example.com.
Full printed copies may be obtained by those qualified as prime bidders, upon non-refundable cost of One-Hundred Dollars ($100) in cash or certified check with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Pre-Bid Meeting for Re-bid
Notice for Proposed Alternate Bids for Preferred Products.
In accordance with GS133-3, Section 64. (C) and State Construction Office procedures the following preferred brand items are being considered as Alternates by the owner for this project:
Fire hydrant by Mueller
Exterior brick pavers by Pine Hall Brick
Accessible curb ramp by Pine Hall Brick
A copy of pertinent sections of the performance standards may be obtained by contacting the designer at the address or phone number noted above.
David Hammock, PE
North Carolina State University
Capital Project Management
Download Complete Project Description Here: Re-Bid for Water Line Replacement