Sealed proposals will be received by NC State University: Attention Steven R. Bostian, P.E. until 2:00 PM on May 10, 2018 in conference room 301, Administrative Services III Building 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695 and immediately thereafter publicly opened and read for the furnishing of labor, material and equipment entering into the construction of:
North Carolina State University
DH Hill Library Towers and Poe Hall Waterproofing Project
NC State# 201720026
The work includes all labor, materials, machinery, tools, equipment, and other means of construction necessary and incidental to the completion of the work shown on the plans and described in the specifications including but not necessarily limited to the following:
- Sealant joint replacement within the façade and around windows, doors, louvers;
- Expansion joint replacement between the North and South Towers at DH Hill Library;
- Concrete crack injection and sealing at selected locations;
- Concrete spall repairs at selected locations;
- Masonry repointing and isolated brick replacement at limited locations; and,
- Accepted alternates in the project, as listed in Specification section 01030.
Bids will be received for single prime bid contracts. All Proposals will be lump sum.
The following General Contractors have been pre-qualified to bid this job:
- ACH Constructor, LLC – Durham, NC
- Baker Roofing Company– Raleigh, NC
- Carolina Restoration & Waterproofing – Creedmoor, NC
- Exterior Diagnostic Services – Apex, NC
- Midwest Maintenance, Inc. – Piqua, OH
- Southern Restoration Maintenance, Inc. – Charlotte, NC
- Stone Restoration of America – Charlotte, NC
- Strickland Waterproofing – Charlotte, NC
- Squeegee Squad – Ham Lake, MN
- Watertight Systems, Inc. – Lexington, SC
Bid documents are available for examination in the plan rooms:
- iSQFT; http://www.isqft.com/start/ handles Associated General Contractors plan room.
- The local North Carolina offices of Dodge Data and Analytics;
- The Eastern Regional Offices of CMD Group in Norcross, GA;
- The offices of the Designer: SKA Consulting Engineers, Inc. 300 Pomona Drive, Greensboro, NC 27407
- The North Carolina Institute of Minority Economic Development, Inc. (NCIMED) Plan and Resource Center at 114 W. Parrish St., 6th Floor, Durham, NC; 919-956-8889 or 919-287-3036
- The Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas (HCAC) in Winston-Salem, Charlotte and Raleigh Areas – 877-227-1680;
Complete plans and specifications for this project in electronic format can be obtained from Kirk Stanford 1020 Ednam Center Suite 3 Charlottesville, VA 22903 during normal office hours on or after April 12, 2018. Email requests for the electronic documents may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full printed copies may be obtained by those qualified as prime bidders, upon deposit of Fifty dollars and no cents (50.00) in cash or certified check with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice to email@example.com. The full plan deposit will be returned to those bidders provided all documents are returned in BOUND, good, usable condition within ten (10) days after the bid date.
A pre-bid meeting and walkdown will be held for all interested bidders at 9:30 AM on April 19, 2018 in Room 301 of Administrative Services III Building at 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695. The meeting will address project specific questions. Attendance is not mandatory but highly encouraged.
Steven R. Bostian, P.E.
Download Complete Project Description Here: DH Hill & Poe Hall Waterproofing