Sealed proposals will be received by NC State University. Attention Eric Jaskolka, until 3:00 pm on July 10, 2018 in conference room 303, Administrative Services III Building 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695 and immediately thereafter publicly opened and read for the furnishing of labor, material and equipment for the construction of:
North Carolina State University
Carbon Electronics Cluster Lab Renovation
NC State# 201720046
The project is for the partial renovation of the First Floor of Partners III on NC State’s Centennial Campus Precinct. The Scope of Work of 4766 sf includes limited demolition, and general construction, plumbing, HVAC, and electrical, as well as fire protection system modifications and security installation.
Bids will be received for single prime bid contracts. All Proposals will be lump sum.
The following General Contractors have been pre-qualified to bid this job:
- ACH Constructors, Durham NC
- Bordeaux Construction, Raleigh, NC
- CT Wilson Construction, Durham, NC
- Davidson & Jones Construction, Raleigh, NC
- Muter Construction, Zebulon, NC
- Pro Construction, Jacksonville, NC
- Resolute Building Company, Chapel Hill NC
- Riggs-Harrod Builders, Inc. Durham, NC
- Riley Contracting Group, Cary NC
Bid documents are available for examination in the plan rooms:
- iSQFT; http://www.isqft.com/start/ handles Associated General Contractors plan room.
- The local North Carolina offices of Dodge Data and Analytics;
- The Eastern Regional Offices of CMD Group in Norcross, GA;
- The offices of the Designer: Swanson+Stewart Architects, 1612 Mason Road, Durham, NC 27712;
- The North Carolina Institute of Minority Economic Development, Inc. (NCIMED) Plan and Resource Center at 114 W. Parrish St., 6th Floor, Durham, NC; 919-956-8889 or 919-287-3036
- The Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas (HCAC) in Winston-Salem, Charlotte and Raleigh Areas – 877-227-1680;
- The NC State Plan Room 2701 Sullivan Drive, Third Floor, Room 324 Raleigh, NC 27695.
An electronic version of the project documents may be obtained from Accent Imaging, Inc. by email to firstname.lastname@example.org during normal office hours after June 17, 2018.
Complete printed copies may be obtained by those qualified as prime bidders, upon deposit of seventy-five dollars ($75) in cash or certified check with a minimum of 48 hour notice to email@example.com. The full plan deposit will be returned to those bidders provided all documents are returned in BOUND, good, usable condition within ten (10) days after the bid date.
Complete or partial printed copies of the project documents can be directly purchased from Accent Imaging, Inc.at 8121 Brownleigh Dr., Raleigh, NC 27617. Phone number for ordering is 919-782-3332. Complete or partial sets shall be purchased at contractor’s expense, and will not be refunded.
A Mandatory Pre-bid meeting and site visit will be held for all interested bidders on June 21, 2018, 10:00 am in room 143 of Partners III, 851 Main Campus Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695. ATTENDANCE AT THE PRE-BID MEETING IS MANDATORY. The meeting will address project specific questions and provide an opportunity for bidders to assess the project’s existing conditions.
Notice of Public Meeting for Proposed Alternate Bids for Preferred Products.
An open public meeting will be held at 2:30pm on July 10, 2018 in Room 301 of Administrative Services III Building at 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695. The meeting is to identify preferred brand alternates and their performance standards pertinent to this project.
In accordance with GS133-3, Section 64 (C) and State Construction Office procedures the following preferred brand items are being considered as Alternates by the owner for this project:
Door hardware (locksets and cylinders, closers, locks and cores), Controls.
Lisa Keel, RA, LEED AP
North Carolina State University
Capital Project Management
Download the complete project description here: Carbon Electronics Cluster Lab