Sealed proposals will be received by NC State University to the Attention of David Hammock, until 3:00 pm on February 7, 2019 in Conference Room 301, Administrative Services III Building 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695 and immediately thereafter publicly opened and read for the furnishing of labor, material and equipment for the construction of HVAC Renovations Price Music Hall.
North Carolina State University
HVAC Renovations Price Music Hall
NC State# 201720105
This project will replace the aging building HVAC system, including air handling units, steam humidification, air distribution duct, VAV boxes with zone reheat and digital controls. Some ACM abatement is anticipated.
Bids will be received for single prime bid contracts. All Proposals will be lump sum.
The following General Contractors have been pre-qualified to bid this job:
- ACH Constructors, Durham, NC
- Bolton Construction, Raleigh, NC
- Brady Contracting, Morrisville, NC
- Comfort Systems, South Boston, VA
- Hockaday Mechanical Corp., Garner, NC
- Riley Contracting, Cary, NC
- Romeo Guest Construction, Durham, NC
Bid documents are available for examination in the plan rooms:
- iSQFT; http://www.isqft.com/start/ handles Associated General Contractors plan room.
- The local North Carolina offices of Dodge Data and Analytics;
- The Eastern Regional Offices of CMD Group in Norcross, GA;
- The offices of the Designer: Sud Associates, P.A.
- The North Carolina Institute of Minority Economic Development, Inc. (NCIMED) Plan and Resource Center at 114 W. Parrish St., 6th Floor, Durham, NC; 919-956-8889 or 919-287-3036
- The Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas (HCAC) in Winston-Salem, Charlotte and Raleigh Areas – 877-227-1680;
Complete plans and specifications for this project in electronic format can be obtained from Sud Associates, P.A., 1813 Chapel Hill Rd., Durham, NC 27707 during normal office hours after January 7, 2019. Email requests for the electronic documents may be sent to email@example.com. Full printed copies may be obtained by those qualified as prime bidders, from firstname.lastname@example.org upon deposit of fifty dollars ($50) in cash or certified check with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice to email@example.com. The full plan deposit will be returned to those bidders provided all documents are returned in BOUND, good, usable condition within ten (10) days after the bid date.
Partial or full printed copies of the project documents may be purchased from Duncan Parnell, 201 Glenwood Avenue, Raleigh, NC 27603. Phone number for ordering is 919-833-4677.
The State reserves the unqualified right to reject any and all proposals.
North Carolina State University has an affirmative policy of fostering, promoting and conducting business with minority owned enterprises. Minority contractors are encouraged to participate in the bidding process.
The bidder must include completed minority business subcontractor documentation form(s) with their proposal or the bid may be considered non-responsive and invalid.
A Pre-bid meeting and site visit will be held for all interested bidders on January 17, 2019 at 2:00 pm in room 301 of Administrative Services III Building 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695. ATTENDANCE AT THE PRE-BID MEETING AND SITE VISIT IS MANDATORY. The meeting will address project specific questions and provide an opportunity for bidders to assess the project’s existing conditions.
Notice of Public Meeting for Proposed Alternate Bids for Preferred Products:
An open public meeting will be held on January 17, 2019 at 1:30 pm in Room 301 of Administrative Services III Building at 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695. The meeting is to identify preferred brand alternates and their performance standards pertinent to this project.
In accordance with GS133-3, Section 64. (C) and State Construction Office procedures the following preferred brand items are being considered as Alternates by the owner for this project:
- Owner Preferred Alternate A1: Provide DDC control system manufactured by Johnson controls.
- Owner Preferred Alternate A2: Provide DDC control system manufactured by Schneider Electric.
A copy of pertinent sections of the performance standards may be obtained by contacting the designer at the address or phone number noted above.
David Hammock, PE
North Carolina State University
Capital Project Management