Sealed proposals will be received by NC State University. Attention Damian Lallathin, until 3:00 PM on 2/28/19 in conference room 101, Administrative Services III Building 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695 and immediately thereafter publicly opened and read for the furnishing of labor, material and equipment for the conversion of exterior pole mounted lighting to LED:
North Carolina State University
Exterior Lighting LED Conversion
NC State# 201620008
The scope of work will consist of converting approximately 1,200 existing exterior pole-mounted lights via retrofit units (maintaining existing light fixture) or replacement of entire fixture with new LED luminaires and installing new lighting where lighting deficiencies exits.
Bids will be received for single prime bid contracts. All Proposals will be lump sum.
The following General Contractors have been pre-qualified to bid this job:
- BridgePoint Contracting………………………………..Durham, NC
- Facilities Solutions Group..…….………………………Perth Amboy, NJ
- Gregory Electric Company……………………………..Columbia, SC
- Moonlite Electric & Construction………………………Cary, NC
- Nationwide Electrical Services..……………………….Goldsboro, NC
- The New Florida Industrial Electric……………………Sanford, FLBid documents are available for examination in the plan rooms:
- iSQFT; http://www.isqft.com/start/ handles Associated General Contractors plan room.
- The local North Carolina offices of Dodge Data and Analytics;
- The Eastern Regional Offices of CMD Group in Norcross, GA;
- The offices of the Designer: Dewberry 2610 Wycliff Road, Suite 410, Raleigh, NC
- North Carolina Institute of Minority Economic Development, Inc. (NCIMED) Plan and Resource Center at 114 W. Parrish St., 6th Floor, Durham, NC; 919-956-8889 or 919-287-3036
- The Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas (HCAC) in Winston-Salem, Charlotte and Raleigh Areas – 877-227-1680;
Complete plans and specifications for this project in electronic format can be obtained from Dewberry 2610 Wycliff Road, Suite 410 Raleigh, NC 27607-3060 during normal office hours after 2/4/19. Email requests for the electronic documents may be sent to email@example.com Full printed copies may be obtained by those qualified as prime bidders, upon deposit of Two Hundred ($200) in cash or certified check with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice to firstname.lastname@example.org. The full plan deposit will be returned to those bidders provided all documents are returned in BOUND, good, usable condition within ten (10) days after the bid date.
Partial or full printed copies of the project documents may be purchased from Accent Imaging 8121 Brownleigh Drive Raleigh, NC 27517. Phone number for ordering is 919-782-3332. Documents may also be purchased from Document Imaging Systems, Inc.at 231 East Johnson Street, Units E, F, &G, Cary, NC 27513. Phone number for ordering is 919-460-9440.
The State reserves the unqualified right to reject any and all proposals.
North Carolina State University has an affirmative policy of fostering, promoting and conducting business with minority owned enterprises. Minority contractors are encouraged to participate in the bidding process.
The bidder must include completed minority business subcontractor documentation form(s) with their proposal or the bid may be considered non-responsive and invalid.
A Pre-bid meeting will be held for all interested bidders on 2/14/19 at 2:00 PM in Room 101 of Administrative Services III Building at 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695. The meeting will address project specific questions.
Notice of Public Meeting for Proposed Alternate Bids for Preferred Products.
An open public meeting will be held on 2/14/19 at 3:00 PM in Room 101 of Administrative Services III Building at 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695. The meeting is to identify preferred brand alternates and their performance standards pertinent to this project.
In accordance with GS133-3, Section 64. (C) and State Construction Office procedures the following preferred brand items are being considered as Alternates by the owner for this project:
Antique Street Lamps
Architectural Area Lighting, Inc.
Pemco Lighting Products
A copy of pertinent sections of the performance standards may be obtained by contacting the designer at the address or phone number noted above.
North Carolina State University
Capital Project Management