Sealed proposals from prequalified bidders, will be received and opened publicly by Frank L. Blum Construction Company on Thursday, June 24, 2021, in Conference Room 124A/B at the NC State Administrative Services III Building – 2701 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC for the construction of the NC State University Greek Village Phase 4 Building Package project, SCO# 19-20646-01B.
Due to current environmental conditions and to comply with NC State University and FL Blum Construction safety protocols to avoid the risk of spread of Covid 19, the bid opening process will be as follows:
Thursday, June 24, 2021 – See Delivery and Opening times per package below:
|BID DELIVERY TIME: 1:00 PM (virtual opening @ 1:30 pm via Zoom)|
|BP0354||Gypsum Cement Underlayment|
|BP0500||Turnkey Structural Steel|
|BP0551||Combined Structural & Misc. Steel|
|BP0620||Finish Carpentry, Millwork, Casework|
|BP0710||Caulking & Waterproofing|
|BP0746||Exterior Siding, Soffits & Panels|
|BP0781||Fireproofing & Intumescent Paint|
|BP0810||Turnkey Doors, Frames & Hardware|
|BP0840||Storefronts & Glazing|
|BID DELIVERY TIME: 3:00 PM (virtual opening @ 3:30 pm via Zoom)|
|BP0920||Gypsum Board Assemblies|
|BP0960||Resilient & Carpet Flooring|
|BP2600||Electrical & Fire Alarm|
- Thursday, June 24, 2021
Bids will need to be dropped off in a box at the NC State Administrative Services III Building by the TIME PER BID PACKAGE. All sealed bids will be required to be placed in a sealed envelope labeled with the required State details.
- Receipt of bids will officially close at BID DELIVERY TIME – no bids or supplemental documents will be accepted after the bid closing.
- Video conferencing will begin for bidders to join 30 minutes after Bid Delivery Time.
Meeting number: 883 1089 3900
Meeting passcode: 226504
Join by phone +1 312 626 6799 or +1 646 558 8656 or +1 301 715 8592 or +1 346 248 7799
- Bid Opening will be held virtually where bids will be publicly read out loud via the video conferencing system (and viewed). We will go systematically by bid package until all qualified bids are read.
- We will close the bid opening and gather all bid information for our clients and design teams.
PREBID & PREFERRED BRAND ALTERNATES MEETING – Online: A Virtual Prebid & Preferred Brand Alternate Meeting – Register in advance at the link below:
Meeting Date: Monday, June 7, 2021 @ 3:30 pm
PREFERRED BRAND ALTERNATES:
- Alternate #01: Owner Preferred Electrified Hardware – See Spec Section 01 23 00-1
- Alternate #02: Owner Preferred Non-Electrified Hardware – See Spec Section 01 23 00-1
- Alternate #03: Owner Preferred Elevator Controls – Smartrise C4 Controller
- Alternate #04: Owner Preferred Fire Suppression Nitrogen Generator by General Air Products
- Alternate #05: Owner Preferred Elevator Digitized Floor Annunciator by CE Electronics
- Alternate #06: Owner Preferred Water Meter by Neptune Truflo
- Alternate #07: Owner Preferred Plumbing Fixtures – See Spec Section 01 23 00-2
- Alternate #08A: Owner Preferred HVAC Controls by Schneider Electric
- Alternate #08B: Owner Preferred HVAC Controls by Johnson Controls
- Alternate #09: Owner Preferred Pedestrian & Street Lighting by Kim Lights
- Alternate #10: Owner Preferred Electric Meter – Nexus 1262
- Alternate #11: Owner Preferred Electric Panel provided by Square D
- Alternate #12: Owner Preferred Electric Switchboard provided by Square D
- Alternate #13: Owner Preferred Fire Alarm Dialer – Firelite MS-10UD
- Alternate #14: Owner Preferred Bricks for Accessible Curb Ramps – See Spec Section 01 23 00-2
RFI Questions are due by Monday, June 14, 2021, @ 3:00 pm. RFI Questions regarding the bid should be in writing and emailed to email@example.com on the RFI submission form located in the bid manual and the project’s plan room. Questions submitted after the noted RFI deadline will not be answered.
All Bidders are strongly encouraged to include opportunities for Minority Business participation wherever possible in their respective Bid submission. Minority Business participation is a part of this contract and must comply with all requirements set forth in the Bid Manual. The MWBE goal for this project is 20%
No facsimile or email submissions are permitted. Sealed bids can be delivered on bid day prior to the bid opening at the location noted above. Sealed Bids can also be mailed or hand-delivered prior to June 24th to Frank L. Blum Construction Company, 4020 Westchase Blvd., Suite 160, Raleigh, NC 27607, Attention: Pat Valley. Blum Construction will receive, open and read publicly all bids received.
Bids will only be accepted from prequalified bidders. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on prequalifying.
The Construction Manager and Owner reserve the right to add prequalified bidders. The Construction Manager and Owner reserve the right to reject any and all bids. No facsimile or email submissions are permitted.
Information can be obtained through our online plan room at https://www.flblum.com/subcontractors.php. For more information contact Kari Hiatt-Moran at 336-748-4409 or email@example.com.