Sealed proposals will be received by NC State University. Attention Melanie Butler, until 2:00 pm on July 29, 2021, in conference room 301, Administrative Services III Building, 2601 Wolf Village Way, Raleigh, NC 27695, and immediately thereafter publicly opened and read for the furnishing of labor, material, and equipment for the construction of:
North Carolina State University
Dairy Facility at CVM
NC State# 202020019
The project constructs a new 10,940 gross square foot dairy facility at the College of Veterinary Medicine’s (CVM) on-site Teaching Animal Unit (TAU), which merges teaching and live-animal experiential training with commercial operations for the Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program. The new facility will have an efficient, modern layout with all-weather observation, direct access to the pasture, improved treatment stalls, and new equipment for milking, feed, water, and waste. The project will extend utilities to the building and reorganize the adjacent pastures for controlled vehicular access to the building to comply with biosecurity requirements.
Bids will be received for single prime bid contracts. All Proposals will be lump sum.
The following General Contractors have been pre-qualified to bid this job:
- ACH Constructors, Durham, NC
- Choate Construction, Raleigh, NC
- CIC Construction Group, Raleigh, NC
- CT Wilson Construction, Durham, NC
- Daniels and Daniels Construction, Goldsboro, NC
- Elford, Inc., Columbus, OH
- Engineered Construction Company, Raleigh, NC
- Frank L. Blum, Raleigh, NC
- Harkins Builders, Charlotte, NC
- Harrod & Associates Constructors, Raleigh, NC
- Holt Brothers Construction, Raleigh, NC
- I.L. Long Construction Company, Winston-Salem, NC
- JE Dunn Construction, Raleigh, NC
- JM Thompson, Cary, NC
- Messer Construction, Raleigh, NC
- MLB Construction, Apex, NC
- Monteith Construction, Wilmington, NC
- Muter Construction, Zebulon, NC
- New Atlantic Contracting, Winston-Salem, NC
- Racanelli Construction South, Apex, NC
- Resolute Building Co., Chapel Hill, NC
- Romeo Guest Construction, Durham, NC
- Shelco, LLC, Raleigh, NC
- Swinerton Builders, Raleigh, NC
- TA Loving, Goldsboro, NC
- TCC Enterprises Inc., Louisburg, NC
- Thomas Construction Group, Wilmington, NC
- W.C. Construction Company, Winston-Salem, NC
- Whiting-Turner Contracting, Raleigh, NC
Bid documents are available for examination in the plan rooms:
- iSQFT; http://www.isqft.com/start/ handles Associated General Contractors plan room.
- The local North Carolina offices of Dodge Data and Analytics;
- The Eastern Regional Offices of CMD Group in Norcross, GA;
- The offices of the Designer: HH Architecture, 1100 Dresser Court, Raleigh, NC 27609
- The North Carolina Institute of Minority Economic Development, Inc. (NCIMED) Plan and Resource Center at 114 W. Parrish St., 6th Floor, Durham, NC; 919-956-8889 or 919-287-3036
- The Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas (HCAC) in Winston-Salem, Charlotte, and Raleigh Areas – 877-227-1680;
Complete plans and specifications for this project in electronic format can be obtained from Nicholas Zastrow, HH Architecture, 1100 Dresser Court, Raleigh, NC during normal office hours after June 20, 2021. Email requests for the electronic documents may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Partial or full printed copies of the project documents may be purchased from Accent Imaging, 8121 Brownleigh Drive, Raleigh, NC 27617. Phone number for ordering is 919-782-3332.
The State reserves the unqualified right to reject any and all proposals.
North Carolina State University has an affirmative policy of fostering, promoting, and conducting business with minority-owned enterprises. Minority contractors are encouraged to participate in the bidding process.
The bidder must include completed minority business subcontractor documentation form(s) with their proposal or the bid may be considered non-responsive and invalid.
A Pre-bid meeting will be held for all interested bidders on June 29, 2021, at 10:00 am at the Teaching Animal Unit at the College of Veterinary Medicine at 4700 Terry Curtin Drive, Raleigh, NC 27607. The meeting will address project-specific questions.
Notice of Public Meeting for Proposed Alternate Bids for Preferred Products.
An open public meeting will be held on June 29, 2021, at 9:30 am at the Teaching Animal Unit at the College of Veterinary Medicine at 4700 Terry Curtin Drive, Raleigh, NC 27607. The meeting is to identify preferred brand alternates and their performance standards pertinent to this project.
In accordance with GS133-3, Section 64. (C) and State Construction Office procedures the following preferred brand items are being considered as Alternates by the owner for this project:
controls, door access system (reader controllers, card readers, electronic door strikes, access cards), fire hydrants, exterior lighting fixtures, door hardware (locksets and cylinders, closers, panic hardware and strikes, locks and cores), telecommunications components, electricity meters (condensate, steam, chilled water, city water, electricity), toilet and bath accessories
A copy of pertinent sections of the performance standards may be obtained by contacting the designer at the address or phone number noted above.
North Carolina State University
Capital Project Management