Sealed proposals will be received by NC State University. Attention Bill Davis, until 3:00pm on December 2, 2021, in conference room 301, Administrative Services III Building 2601 Wolf Village Way, Raleigh, NC 27695 and immediately thereafter publicly opened and read for the furnishing of labor, material and equipment for the construction of:
North Carolina State University
Dabney Hall Upgrade Phase 3 – 8th Floor
NC State# 202020004
This project includes improvements to Dabney Hall’s 8th Floor HVAC system, located on the North Campus Precinct. New equipment, ductwork and controls will address issues of odor re-entrainment, insufficient supply air, insufficient exhaust, and improper air balancing in the north labs.
Bids will be received for single prime bid contracts. All Proposals will be lump sum.
The following General Contractors have been pre-qualified to bid this job:
- ACH Constructors, Durham, NC
- CMC Building, Inc., Bolton, NC
- Dewberry Design Builders, Raleigh, NC
- Hockaday Mechanical Corp., Raleigh, NC
- McDonald York Building Co., Raleigh, NC
- Piedmont Services Group, Raleigh, NC
- Riley Contracting Group, Cary, NC
- Salisbury & Moore Construction, Raleigh, NC
Bid documents are available for examination in the plan rooms:
- iSQFT; http://www.isqft.com/start/ handles Associated General Contractors plan room.
- The local North Carolina offices of Dodge Data and Analytics;
- The Eastern Regional Offices of CMD Group in Norcross, GA;
- The offices of the Designer: RMF Engineering (email@example.com);
- The North Carolina Institute of Minority Economic Development, Inc. (NCIMED) Plan and Resource Center at 114 W. Parrish St., 6th Floor, Durham, NC; 919-956-8889 or 919-287-3036
- The Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas (HCAC) in Winston-Salem, Charlotte and Raleigh Areas – 877-227-1680;
Complete plans and specifications for this project in electronic format can be obtained from RMF Engineering, 8081 Arco Corporate Drive, Suite 300, Raleigh, NC 27617 during normal office hours after October 27, 2021. Email requests for the electronic documents may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Full printed copies may be obtained by those qualified as prime bidders, upon deposit of two hundred fifty dollars ($250) in cash or certified check with a minimum of 48 hours’ notice to email@example.com. The full plan deposit will be returned to those bidders provided all documents are returned in BOUND, good, usable condition within ten (10) days after the bid date.
Partial or full printed copies of the project documents may be purchased from Document Imaging Systems, Inc.at 231 East Johnson Street, Units E, F, &G, Cary, NC 27513. Phone number for ordering is 919-460-9440.
The State reserves the unqualified right to reject any and all proposals.
North Carolina State University has an affirmative policy of fostering, promoting and conducting business with minority owned enterprises. Minority contractors are encouraged to participate in the bidding process.
The bidder must include completed minority business subcontractor documentation form(s) with their proposal or the bid may be considered non-responsive and invalid.
A prebid meeting will be held at 1:15pm on November 10, 2021, on the Stinson Drive side of Dabney Hall at 2620 Yarbrough Drive, Raleigh, NC 27607. A walk through the project site will be available at that time.
Notice of Public Meeting for Proposed Alternate Bids for Preferred Products.
An open public meeting will be held at 1:00pm on November 10, 2021, on the Stinson Drive side of Dabney Hall at 2620 Yarbrough Drive, Raleigh, NC 27607. The meeting is to identify preferred brand alternates and their performance standards pertinent to this project.
In accordance with GS133-3, Section 64. (C) and State Construction Office procedures the following preferred brand items are being considered as Alternates by the owner for this project:
Building Automation Controls
A copy of pertinent sections of the performance standards may be obtained by contacting the designer at the address or phone number noted above.
Bill Davis, RA, LEED AP
North Carolina State University
Capital Project Management