The In-house Construction group oversees minor renovation projects, construction projects, and renovations on campus. This work is performed by skilled trade personnel and prequalified contractors.
All work begins with a work request
- A work request is appropriate for work to improve your space (painting existing walls, replace existing flooring, maintenance issues, etc.)
- A Facilities Modification Form is needed for work that will change your space (move/add a door, wall, electrical outlet, etc.)
A Project Manager can assist you with any questions you may have.
Project Managers perform the following functions as the single point of contact for the project duration:
- Define scope and expectations with the client
- Prepare necessary drawings and marked up “as built”
- Perform a hazards check (e.g. lead, asbestos, etc.)
- Meet all building codes and university guidelines
- Create the estimate
- Specify and procure materials
- Schedule resources
- Resolve problems
- Manage the budget
- Coordinate and manage the on-site work
- Create punch lists
- Close out the project
Frequently asked questions for Our In-house Construction Group.