Building Address: 100 Eugene Brooks Avenue (show on map)
Building Abbreviation: DCL
Building Number: 075
David Clark Labs underwent a comprehensive renovation and addition in 2005. The project entailed renovating approximately 41,800 Gross SF of existing interior space and adding approximately 16,000 Gross SF for the department of Zoology and the Biological Sciences Program.
Today, the David Clark Laboratories are used for the study of zoology; however, their earlier use was for studies in textile chemistry. David Clark (1877-1955) was the son of Chief Justice Walter Clark, and one of five Clark brothers who attended the University, including Walter Clark Jr., for whom the the infirmary is named. By the age of 21, David Clark had earned three engineering degrees from NC State and another in mechanical engineering from Cornell University.Campus Buildings Campus Map