Sealed proposals will be received by NC State University. Attention Mr. Ed Levy, Project Manager, until 2:00pm on April 19, 2016, in conference room 1117, Administrative Services I Building 2721 Sullivan Drive, Raleigh, NC 27695 and immediately thereafter publicly opened and read for the furnishing of labor, material and equipment for the construction of:
North Carolina State University
Farmers Market Park and Ride Lot
TIP Project# C-5169
Federal Project# CMS-0529(34)
NC State# 201311118
The project will plan the modifications to the existing south side surface parking lot at the State Farmers Market along Centennial Parkway in Raleigh, North Carolina, proximate to the NCSU Centennial Campus for a weekday park-and-ride facility. The project will reconfigure and add to existing parking areas; approximately 124 parking spaces. The project will also include a bus shelter, lighting, landscaped concrete curb and gutter, pedestrian walkways, chain link perimeter fence and gate, and an access road connection to Lake Wheeler Road. The project also makes modifications to traffic signalization at the intersection of Lake Wheeler Road and Centennial Parkway as well as striping and pavement marking along Lake Wheeler Road in the vicinity.
Bids will be received for single prime bid contracts. All Proposals will be by Unit Pricing. The bidder must be prequalified as either a PO Prime or Bidder on the NCDOT list at the time of bid opening.
Bid documents are available for examination in the plan rooms:
- Associated General Contractors, Carolinas Branch, Raleigh;
- The local North Carolina offices of McGraw Hill Dodge Construction;
- The Eastern Regional Offices of Reed Construction Data in Norcross, GA;
- The offices of the Designer: Stantec Consulting Services Inc. (Stantec), 5565 Centerview Drive Suite 107 Raleigh NC 27606-3563;
- The North Carolina Institute of Minority Economic Development, Inc. (NCIMED) Plan and Resource Center at 114 W. Parrish St., 6th Floor, Durham, NC; 919-956-8889 or 919-287-3036
- The Hispanic Contractors Association of the Carolinas (HCAC) in Winston-Salem, Charlotte and Raleigh Areas – 877-227-1680; and,
- The NC State Plan Room 2701 Sullivan Drive, Third Floor, Room 324 Raleigh, NC 27695.
Complete plans and specifications for this project may be reviewed in the office of the Designer: Stantec, 5565 Centerview Drive, Suite 107, Raleigh, NC 27606-3563 during normal office hours after (DATE). Email requests for the electronic documents (PDF) may be sent to Stan Williams, Stantec Senior Project Manager, at email@example.com.
Electronic documents and partial or full printed copies of the project documents may be purchased from Document Imaging Systems, Inc.at 231 East Johnson Street, Units E, F, &G, Cary, NC 27513. Phone number for ordering is 919-460-9440. Continue reading