Building Address: 411 Dan Allen Drive (show on map)
Building Abbreviation: HWP
Building Number: 114
This laboratory was the first of its kind in the Southeast and one of the most outstanding in the nation. The scientific and analytical equipment necessary for research in wood and wood products is housed in this one-story brick building.
Brandon Patton Hodges (1903-1957) was a valuable source of support for the School of Forest Resources and the pulp and paper program. He was instrumental in bringing several large industries to western North Carolina and expanding NC State’s forestry program and facilities.