Building Address: 2221 Katharine Stinson Drive (show on map)
Building Abbreviation: KAM
Building Number: 011A
This College of Design addition was built in 1978. In 1989, faculty members voted to rename the building after Henry L. Kamphoefner. Kamphoefner was the first dean of the School of Design in 1948, when the school was formed from architectural engineering and landscape architecture. Under his leadership, the school quickly attracted national attention for the quality of its programs, faculty and students.