Building Address: 3824 Jackson Street (show on map)
Building Abbreviation: KVR
Building Number: 127R
King Village consists of 17 buildings with 295 apartments located on the west side of campus. The development is named for Edward S. King, general secretary of the YMCA and an advocate of housing for married students. From 1919 to 1959, King had served the YMCA, which was an important center of student life in the earlier years of the college’s history.
After World War II, many students were returning to the campus under the GI Bill. Greater numbers of married students caused King to develop cultural and social service programs specifically for these student residents.