Building Address: 2801 Founders Drive (show on map)
Building Abbreviation: N
Building Number: 078
This building on the northwest of campus was constructed, after much controversy, in what had once been a pecan grove. From 1938 until 1991, it was the home of the School of Textiles. As NC State has maintained its reputation as one of the best textile schools in the nation, Nelson Hall has been enlarged repeatedly. Today, the building houses the College of Management and the Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics. Nelson Hall is named after Thomas Nelson (1872-1953) who served State for 48 years, headed the textile department from 1901, and was the school’s first dean from 1925-1943.