Building Address: 2401 Katharine Stinson Drive (show on map)
Building Abbreviation: RD
Building Number: 039
Built shortly after World War II, Riddick Hall (formerly known as Riddick Engineering Laboratories) is an example of Art Modern design. This building and the Riddick field, stadium, and parking lot (now demolished) are named after Wallace Carl Riddick (1864-1942). Serving as president of NC State after D. H. Hill resigned in 1917, Riddick’s administration added work to chemical, ceramics and aeronautics engineering, and developed an engineering experiment station. Riddick resigned as president in 1923 to become dean of the newly-established school of engineering and served in this capacity until his retirement in 1937. In the 1890s, he was NC State’s first football coach.
Riddick Hall underwent a comprehensive renovation in 2007. Construction included a complete modernization of the facility for teaching and open laboratory space. The building was vacated by the relocation of the College of Engineering to Centennial Campus. The building is now home to various lab facilities and classrooms.Campus Buildings Campus Map