Building Address: 2711 Founders Drive (show on map)
Building Abbreviation: SC
Building Number: 068
Scott Hall is a three-story building located on land secured by Robert Walter Scott (1861-1929). Scott also secured the land further west to what is now Dan Allen Drive, once an orchard and later the site for the textile building and veterans’ housing.
Scott was a prominent political leader who supported local schools and roads and believed that farmers should have more authority in state affairs. He served three terms in the house and two in the senate. He is responsible for setting up a special tax district to provide for the Alexander Graham School, and for securing approval of the appropriations bill for Patterson Hall–a building that Samuel Patterson, himself, argued should be downtown. Scott was also the first president of the North Carolina Farmers’ Convention.