Building Address: 625 Motor Pool Street (show on map)
Building Abbreviation: SS1
Building Number: 126D
This building along with Sullivan Shops II and III and Motor Pool Facility is part of the Morris Facilities Services Complex, which is named for William F. Morris Sr. (1884-1972) in tribute to his life of university service. Morris served as instructor in Mechanical Engineering Department from 1909-1913 and 1931-1933. He was the first director of the newly organized Service Department when the university was consolidated in 1933 and served as director from 1933-1953. During his more than two decades of service, the university experienced two major building programs. Morris was directly responsible for the construction of several buildings, major renovations of others, and a number of additions to buildings and utilities.