Building Address: 2800 Cates Avenue (show on map)
Building Abbreviation: TUC
Building Number: 091
Located on Central Campus, Tucker Hall houses the First-Year College Program. The three-story building has an area of 67,299 square feet. It is named after Irvin Burchard Tucker (1878-1943) whose active interest in NC State included his service on the Board of Trustees and his position as president of the General Alumni Association.
Tucker attended NC State in the mid-1890s but transferred to UNC-CH to attend law school. After obtaining his license, Tucker practiced law in Whiteville for more than four decades. He held a number of important public offices, including district commissioner, supervisor of the census, U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of North Carolina, and member of the U.S. board of Paroles.