Building Address: 101 Lampe Drive (show on map)
Building Abbreviation: WI
Building Number: 043
Originally built for chemistry, this restrained Beaux Arts-style building honors William Alphonso Withers (1864-1924). The first chemist appointed at NC State’s founding in 1889, Withers eventually served the University as vice president under President Riddick’s administration. His accomplishments include the discovery of toxic properties in cottonseed and writing the North Carolina Pure Food and Drug legislation of 1899.