Building Address: 2411 Yarbrough Drive (show on map)
Building Abbreviation: YDS
Building Number: 029
The Yarbrough Drive Stream Plant was built in 1924. In 2005, the building was renovated to expand chiller plant capacity. With a more than 40,000-square-foot addition, the facility added 2,000 tons of refrigeration capacity and a cooling tower. In 2014, another major renovation occured to retrofit and replace equipment in the steam plant. This renovation made the facility more energy efficient and resulted in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Silver certification.
The building is named for Louis Thompson Yarbrough, who was one of the first students to enter the newly established Agricultural and Mechanical College in 1889 and was one of the 19 graduates of the first class in 1893.