We provide our internal and external clients safe and efficient project management services through in-house and contracted services.
Let us assist you with all issues related to design and construction project initiation. Project Development is your concierge for Facilities Modification (FacMod) requests. We can help you get your project off the ground including project scoping, feasibility, and budget estimating.
The Construction Shop supplies the campus customers with skilled craftsmen to complete minor to small major renovation projects. They offer competitively priced labor with little disruption to the customer. The customer is always first.
To request the following services, contact your Facilities Liaison to submit a work order. A Facilities Modification Form may be required for some projects. For more information on facilities modification process, contact Charles Brown, Facilities Services at 919-515-9160.
- Service Truck for Electrical Work
Contract Construction provides project management of informal projects (less than $500,000) to our clients (internal and external) to help improve campus facilities and allow our clients to improve their goals of research, recruitment, service and space improvements.
Contract Construction Staff
The Facilities Condition Assessment Program (FCAP) provides the University with building assessments, core maintenance inspections and project management. The FCAP team also manages post construction warranty issues that present themselves after a construction or renovation project has been completed and accepted by the University.
The In-House Construction group oversees minor renovation projects, construction projects, and renovations on campus. This work is performed by skilled trade personnel and prequalified contractors.
All work begins with a work request.
- A work request is appropriate for work to improve your space (painting existing walls, replace existing flooring, maintenance issues, etc.)
- A Facilities Modification Form is needed for work that will change your space (move/add a door, wall, electrical outlet, etc.)
A Project Manager can assist you with any questions you may have. Project Managers perform the following functions as the single point of contact for the project duration:
- Define scope and expectations with the client
- Prepare necessary drawings and marked up “as built”
- Perform a hazards check (e.g. lead, asbestos, etc.)
- Meet all building codes and university guidelines
- Create the estimate
- Specify and procure materials
- Schedule resources
- Resolve problems
- Manage the budget
- Coordinate and manage the on-site work
- Create punch lists
- Close out the project
Jeff Luz, Manager