Building Address: 3200 Faucette Drive (show on map)
Building Abbreviation: GRL
Building Number: 118
Grinnells Laboratories, which are used mainly for studies in animal health, have a total area of 15,000 square feet. The building is named after Claude Delbert Grinnells (1892-1975), NC State’s only veterinarian for many years prior to the establishment of the College of Veterinary Medicine.
Arriving as an Experiment Station animal science faculty member, Grinnells served NC State for 33 years. He was influential throughout the South and nation as president of the Southern Dairy Science Association, president of the Southern Animal Disease Research Workers, president of the N.C. Veterinary Medical Association, and a collaborator with the U.S. Regional Animal Disease Laboratory of Auburn, Alabama.