Facilities employees can request IT or computing help by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
As many Facilities employees continue full-time or part-time remote work, the Teleworking IT Help Document may be useful for learning about VPN, equipment to use, virtual meeting options, voicemail access and more.
All IT hardware purchases of any kind need to go through Betty Elliott and/or Daniel Ziser for consultation and approval before being submitted for purchasing. Hardware purchases would include anything that may be considered IT related such as Desktops, Laptops, Monitors, Ipads, Tablets, Printers, Keyboards & Mice, External Hard Drives, and other items like those. OIT has a list of approved devices they already support (CPI Approved Devices), and there are rules that we need to make sure we are following so we are in compliance. If hardware gets purchased without going through Betty or Daniel, it may not work with our systems and it may have to be returned if it isn’t compliant. If you are planning to purchase hardware please email email@example.com.
All software purchases should be reviewed by the Facilities Technology Group. This group can help make sure that the software meets the IT Purchase Compliance Rules. This includes but is not limited to analyzing whether the data stored is sensitive data, determining if the clickwrap agreement is compliant, making sure the software is compatible with other NC State software and hardware. The Facilities Technology Group will also review the software and work with the requestor, to make sure that other systems either in Facilities or the University are not currently providing the same features. For groups who need software but do not have a particular software in mind, they are encouraged to ask the Facilities Technology Group for help assessing what software is available to suit their needs. If you are planning to purchase software please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The use of personal devices (laptops, tablets, etc.) on campus is discouraged. Any personal devices that are used for University business are subject to the same regulations as University-owned devices as set forth by OIT. They cannot be used for storage of any data at a red level or above and must comply with current Endpoint Protection Standards. This includes, but is not limited to, must have campus approved anti-virus and anti-malware software installed, operating system must be updated in a timely manner, and University software should not be installed without receiving prior approval. Personal devices used to do University business at home (or away from the office) must also comply with current EPS and not store University data.
Software and Data Access
The Facilities Division uses a number of unique software and technology services.
- AiM: AiM is the Facilities Division’s Work Management System. For AiM access or questions, contact the AiM Helpdesk.
- AERES: AERES holds as-built drawings and project information, including record drawings, O&Ms, specifications and other project documents. Request access. Prior to viewing floor plans, please review REG 04.00.08 – Security of Sensitive Plans Designs and Construction Documents Arrangements and Drawings.
- FM: Interact: FM: Interact holds current floor plans for campus buildings with additional building and room data, such as construction date, department and use. Request access. Prior to viewing floor plans, please review REG 04.00.08 – Security of Sensitive Plans Designs and Construction Documents Arrangements and Drawings.
- S Drive: Some Facilities departments and units have storage on this internal server specific to the Facilities Division. Contact your supervisor or other leader in your department to inquire about access.
- Google Drive: Most Facilities departments and units have Google Drives specific to their work. Contact your supervisor or other leader in your department to inquire about access.
NC State’s Office of Information Technology (OIT) offers training in a wide variety of areas, including Google Suite, two-factor authentication, WordPress and IT accessibility.
Facilities uses Google Groups to help communicate with employees. View this document to see major Google Groups are listed below. If you are not on a list and feel like an error has been made, please email the contact Daniel Ziser.